What do welders, solderers, and brazers do?
They use hand-held or remotely controlled equipment to fuse or cut metal materials. They also fill holes, indentations, or seams in metal products. They can work in several different industries, so welders might build structures or repair existing infrastructures.
- Study blueprints, sketches, or specifications
- Calculate the dimensions of parts to be welded
- Inspect structures or materials to be welded
- Use one of many different welding processes (such as arc welding)
- Ignite torches or start power supplies
- Monitor the welding process to avoid overheating
- Maintain equipment and machinery
- Uphold highest standards of quality and safety
Overall employment of welders, solderers, and brazers is projected to grow 2 percent from 2021 to 2031, slightly less than the average for all occupations.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/production/welders-cutters-solderers-and-brazers.htm
Median Annual Pay
$22.60 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Certificates of Proficiency-Welding
Technical Certificate in Welding Technology
Send Me More Information