The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope College Preparatory Academy began Saturday, January 28 on the UACCH campus with 34 students. This inaugural class of 9th grade Hope High School students in the UACCH College Prep Academy are being led by the following instructors:
- College Math Instructor– Gina Sutton
- Secondary Math Instructor – Michael Miller, Hope High School
- College English Instructor – Jan Whatley
- Secondary English Instructor – Whitney Ivy, Blevins School District
- College Reading Instructor – Glenda Formby
- Reading Instructor – Dara Goff, Nashville, AR
- Careers Instructor – Staci Shupe
- UACCH Academy Director – Edessa Walton
The purpose of the Academy is to provide enhanced academic opportunities for students to ensure that they are prepared to excel in postsecondary studies upon completion of high school. To accomplish this, the students and instructors will meet two Saturday’s a month to hone the student’s skills in reading, English, mathematics, and career planning.
Help UACCH congratulate these students and instructors for their dedicated efforts to this program. For more information about the Prep Academy, visit the UACCH website at www.uacch.edu.
Pictured are the following students who are attending the UACCH College Preparatory Academy: