What do teaching assistants do?
They work with a licensed teacher to give students additional attention and instruction.
- Reinforce lessons by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Follow school and class rules to teach students proper behavior
- Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as taking attendance and calculating grades
- Get equipment or materials ready to help teachers prepare for lessons
- Supervise students outside of the classroom, such as between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
Overall employment of teaching assistants is projected to grow 5 percent from 2021 to 2031, about average for all occupations.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes259045.htm#st
Median Annual Pay in Arkansas
90th Percentile Earners in Arkansas
Get Started At UAHT
Certificate of Proficiency in Teacher Assistant
Technical Certificate in Teacher Assistant
Send Me More Information