What do surgical scrub technicians do?
Also called operating room technicians, they assist with operations. They prepare operating rooms, arrange equipment, and help doctors during surgeries.
- Prepare operating rooms for surgery
- Sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery
- Ready patients for surgery, such as by washing and disinfecting incision sites
- Help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies
- Count supplies, such as surgical instruments, to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in patients
- Maintain a sterile environment to prevent patient infection
Overall employment of surgical scrub technicians is projected to grow 6 percent from 2021 to 2031, faster than the average for all occupations.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/surgical-technologists.htm
Median Annual Pay
$23.22 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Send Me More Information