What do practical and licensed vocational nurses do?
They provide basic medical care. They work under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
- Monitor patients’ health—for example, by checking their blood pressure
- Administer basic patient care, including changing bandages and inserting catheters
- Provide for the basic comfort of patients, such as helping them bathe or dress
- Discuss the care they are providing with patients and listen to their concerns
- Report patients’ status and concerns to registered nurses and doctors
- Keep records on patients’ health
Overall employment of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is projected to grow 9 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Median Annual Pay
$20.08 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Technical Certificate in Practical Nursing – Hope
Technical Certificate in Practical Nursing – Texarkana
Associate of General Studies – Practical Nursing Focus
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing LPN/LPTN/LVN to RN Transition
Associate of Arts Registered Nursing Texas A&M Texarkana Transfer Option
Send Me More Information