What do clinical lab technicians do?
They collect samples and perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances.
- Analyze body fluids and record findings
- Study blood samples for use in transfusions by identifying the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, blood type, and compatibility
- Operate sophisticated laboratory equipment (microscopes, cell counters)
- Use automated equipment and computerized instruments capable of performing a number of tests at the same time
- Log data from medical tests and enter results into medical records
- Discuss results and findings of laboratory tests and procedures
Overall employment of clinical lab technicians is projected to grow 7 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations.
Send Me More Information