What do kindergarten and elementary school teachers do?
They instruct young students in basic subjects, such as math and reading, in order to prepare them for middle school.
- Create lesson plans to teach students subjects, such as reading, science, and math
- Teach students how to interact with others
- Observe students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Instruct an entire class or smaller groups of students
- Grade students’ assignments
- Communicate with parents or guardian about their child’s progress
- Work with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state
- Develop and enforce classroom rules to teach children proper behavior
- Supervise children outside of the classroom—for example, during lunchtime or recess
Overall employment of kindergarten and elementary school teachers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Median Annual Pay
$23.74 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Southern Arkansas University – Magnolia Transfer Degrees
Associate of Science in Education Elementary Education K-6 – SAU
Send Me More Information