What do industrial machinery mechanics, millwrights, and machinery maintenance workers do?
Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment in a plant or factory. They are responsible for troubleshooting, performing tests, calibrating, moving, and repairing equipment that has failed at the production line or throughout the plant or factory.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to ensure machines run smoothly
- Detect minor problems by performing basic diagnostic tests
- Enter work orders for deficiencies found during the management process
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Assist with assembly, start-up, and shutdown of equipment
- Attend machine-/OEM-specific training
Overall employment of industrial machinery mechanics, millwrights, and machinery maintenance workers is projected to grow 13 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Median Annual Pay
$25.41 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Certificate of Proficiency-Industrial Maintenance Technology-Machining
Certificate of Proficiency-Industrial Maintenance Technology-Multi-craft
Technical Certificate in Industrial Maintenance Technology-Machining
Technical Certificate in Industrial Maintenance Technology-Multi-Craft
Send Me More Information