What do electricians do?
They install, maintain, and repair electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems in homes, businesses, and factories. Electrical and electronics installers and repairers install or repair a variety of electrical equipment in telecommunications, transportation, utilities, and other industries.
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems using a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
Overall employment of electricians is projected to grow 2 percent from 2020 to 2030.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm
Median Annual Pay
$32.05 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Certificate of Proficiency in Industrial Technology-Electrical
Technical Certificate in Industrial Electricity
Send Me More Information