Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
Earn a High School Diploma and Associate Degree at the Same Time
The Hope Collegiate Academy allows students to earn a high school diploma and an Associate Degree simultaneously. The student body consists of high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled in dual-credit courses on the U of A Hope campus.
Collegiate Academy Highlights
- The Hope Collegiate Academy (HCA) provides students with a three-year curriculum that allows them the opportunity to complete a high school diploma and an associate degree simultaneously.
- The HCA is for students who will be entering the 10th grade.
- The HCA is a joint venture between the Hope Public School District and the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana.
- The HCA is located on the University of Arkansas Hope campus.
- The key programming feature of the HCA is college-level immersion that shifts the educational focus from college and career-readiness to actual college-level degree attainment.
- The HCA is a public school within the Hope Public School District that is free of charge to students.
- Students must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a Hope Public School District student to enter the HCA.
- Students must have an ACT 19 or higher, or the Accuplacer equivalent, in each subject matter tested for unconditional admittance.
- Slots are filled from applicants by a tier system beginning with Tier 1 and progressing to the next tier until all slots are filled.
- If there are more applicants in a tier than slots available, the following information will be considered: GPA, Attendance, & Discipline
- Students’ college placement scores and disciplinary records must be made available to the admissions committee.
- The aim of the HCA is to transform students’ lives through learning opportunities directed toward self-fulfilling aspirations and life sustaining careers.
- Students must complete and submit the HCA application and Accuplacer test by May 4, 2020.
How to Become Part of the Academy
What Students Can Expect
- A customized high school experience with the rigor of college.
- A transition to college in a flexible, supportive, and academically enriched environment.
- A chance to get a head start on a college degree while earning a high school diploma.
- An environment that helps students acclimate to college-level standards and engages full immersion into the collegiate environment.
- Students will be able to participate in sports, band, or cheer at Hope High School while being a part of the Collegiate Academy.
What to Expect After Completion of the Program
- High school diploma from Hope High School
- Associate degree from the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana
- Scholarship opportunities
- Accumulation of up to 60 college credits
- Increased maturity, independence, and success rate in college