What do heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers do?
They work on heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems that control the temperature and air quality in buildings.
- Install, clean, and maintain HVACR systems
- Install electrical components and wiring
- Inspect and test HVACR systems and components
- Discuss system malfunctions with customers
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts
- Recommend maintenance to improve system performance
- Keep records of work performed
Overall employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Median Annual Pay
$23.43 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Send Me More Information