What do nursing assistants and orderlies do?
They organize and manage the details of a funeral. Funeral service managers oversee the general operations of a funeral home business. They perform a wide variety of duties, such as planning and allocating the resources of the funeral home, managing staff, and handling marketing and public relations.
- Offer counsel and comfort to families and friends of the deceased
- Provide information on funeral service options
- Arrange for removal of the deceased’s body
- Help the family decide on burial, entombment, or cremation
- Prepare the remains (the deceased’s body) for the funeral
- Help to determine the locations, dates, and times of visitations
- File death certificates and other legal documents with appropriate authorities
Overall employment of funeral service workers is projected to decline 4 percent from 2019 to 2029.
Median Annual Pay
$28.04 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Certificate of Proficiency in Funeral Directing
Technical Certificate in Funeral Directing
Technical Certificate in Funeral Directing – Online
Associate of Applied Science in Funeral Service Education
Send Me More Information