What do Electromechanical and Mechatronics Technologists do?
They combine knowledge of mechanical technology with knowledge of electrical and electronic circuitry. They operate, test, and maintain unmanned, automated, robotic, or electromechanical equipment.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a machine or a piece of equipment
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments
- Operate metalworking machines to make housings, fittings, and fixtures
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Use instruments to test the performance of electromechanical assemblies
- Use soldering equipment and handtools to install electronic parts and hardware
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment
- Analyze and record test results
Overall employment of Electromechanical and Mechatronics Technologists is projected to decline 4 percent from 2021 to 2031.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electro-mechanical-technicians.htm
Median Annual Pay
$29.02 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Technical Certificate in Electromechanical Technology
Associate of Applied Science in Electromechanical Technology
Send Me More Information