What do childcare workers do?
They attend to the basic needs of children, such as dressing, feeding, and overseeing play. They may help younger children prepare for kindergarten or assist older children with homework.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children maintain good hygiene
- Change diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore their interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring potential problems to the attention of parents or guardians
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interests
Overall employment of nursing assistants and orderlies is projected to grow 8 percent from 2020 to 2030, slower than the average for all occupations.
More information: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/childcare-workers.htm
Median Annual Pay
$11.08 | Hourly
Get Started At UAHT
Send Me More Information