What do Information Security Analysts do?
Plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems.
Information security analysts typically do the following:
- Monitor their organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate when one occurs
- Use and maintain software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Check for vulnerabilities in computer and network systems
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
- Prepare reports that document general metrics, attempted attacks, and security breaches
- Develop security standards and best practices for their organization
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff
- Help computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures
Employment of Information Security Analysts is projected to increase 35 percent from 2021 to 2031, much greater than other occupations.
Median Annual Pay
$47.27 | Hourly
High-End Earners (In the US)
Get Started At UAHT
Send Me More Information