Applying for Graduation
The University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana holds one graduation ceremony each year. The Office of the Registrar accepts graduation applications year round.
Deadlines for application in the semester in which you are finishing your degree/certificate in are:
- Spring Semester Deadline – April 1
- Fall Semester Deadline – November 1
Please fill out an Application for Graduation to let the Registrar’s office know when you are completing a degree or certificate. We want to award each Certificate of Proficiency, Technical Certificate and Associate degree that you earn, as you earn them. Whether you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony or not, this form is necessary so that we don’t miss any graduates.
We have one graduation ceremony, in May each year, following the Spring semester. Students who complete their degree or certificate after the Fall semester, will receive their diploma in December, but will have to wait until May to participate in the graduation ceremony. Students who complete degree requirements in the Summer can participate in the ceremony but will not receive their diploma until all of the degree requirements have been met.
If you do plan to participate in the ceremony, you must order your cap and gown prior to the ceremony. The order form will be available in March. We will send you a letter in the mail and to your email, when it’s time to order your cap and gown.
Cap and Gown
- Deadline for ordering your cap and gown is April 1.
General Graduation Requirements
The University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana awards Associate degrees and Technical Certificates to students who comply with the following requirements:
- Complete all course requirements specified in the program. Transfer students must complete the last 15 hours of work at UAHT or have completed at least 25% of the course requirements at UAHT.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above on all work completed including transfer work (the exception is Practical Nursing. A minimum grade of “C” is required in each course. In all other Health Professions courses the emphasis courses must be completed with a minimum “C” grade in order to successfully complete the program and to sit for board examinations).
- Obtain a graduation application from the Registrar’s Office.
- Take the completed application to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar will review the application to determine if graduation criteria have been met.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.