What do construction laborers and helpers do?
Construction laborers and helpers perform many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites.
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and
- Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
- Build or take apart bracing, scaffolding, and temporary structures
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for
- Operate or tend equipment and machines used in construction
- Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more
- Assist craftworkers with their duties
Overall employment of construction laborers and helpers is projected to grow 4 percent from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Send Me More Information