High School Student/Concurrent Enrollment Policy
In accordance with Act 1097 of the 1991 Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board Concurrent Enrollment Policy passed in April of 2007, any qualified student enrolled in a public or private high school in the State shall upon request be accepted for enrollment in regular college level courses (excluding academic skills courses) as a part-time student subject to general institutional requirements. To qualify, each student must meet the following criteria:
- The student must complete a University of Arkansas Community Hope-Texarkana application for admission and attach an official high school transcript and immunization record showing proof of measles and rubella vaccines.
- The student must complete a Concurrent High School Admission Form and have it signed by the high school principal/guidance counselor and parent/guardian.
- The student must have a grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) in all high school courses in the subject area of the concurrent enrollment, or have an overall grade point average of at least 3.00. For ninth grade students, courses in the previous two school years shall be included.
- High school students in general education concurrent courses for college credit will be admitted to the college or university as non-degree/certificate seeking students. Students must have scored 19 or better on the ACT Reading sub-test or have a score on the ASPIRE assessments that are projected to produce a 19 or better on the ACT Reading sub-test, or equivalent score on the Accuplacer or SAT to enroll in any general education concurrent enrollment course except College Algebra.
*Concurrent enrollment courses in English require a 19 or better on the ACT English sub-tests (or comparable Accuplacer score).
*Concurrent credit College Algebra requires a 19 or better on the math ACT sub-test (or comparable Accuplacer score).
Because of school closures due to COVID-19, high school students haven’t been able to register for concurrent classes in the traditional manner, so the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana has set up an online registration method for potential students. Concurrent credit is an excellent way for high school students to earn both college credit and high school credit simultaneously.
High school students can register for fall semester concurrent classes online at the following links:
- Arkansas High: https://forms.gle/pmW33PUh3mmp6wrp7
- Fouke: https://forms.gle/Vfs2fDC8RwHdp27E8
- Genoa: https://forms.gle/wWYRUB4CieAYgNPAA
- Hope: https://forms.gle/bBMBV12BmyZSk3tG9
- Prescott: https://forms.gle/uUFgbWHYZsZowD4V7
- Spring Hill: https://forms.gle/XDXmkCAU8hswyDxD8
- Trinity: https://forms.gle/Si4dfpprW5XQZdK66
- Other School Not Listed: https://forms.gle/bqkwXC39hcG1LeUs9
There is no cost to register!
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Ashli Dykes