Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
Earn a High School Diploma and Associate Degree at the Same Time
The Arkansas High School Collegiate Academy allows students to earn a high school diploma and an Associate Degree simultaneously. The student body consists of high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled in dual-credit courses on the U of A Texarkana campus.
Collegiate Academy Highlights
- The Arkansas High Collegiate Academy (AHCA) provides students with a 3-year curriculum that allows them the opportunity to complete a high school diploma and an associate degree simultaneously.
- The AHCA is for students who will be entering the 10th grade.
- The AHCA is a joint venture between the Texarkana Arkansas School District (TASD) and the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana (UAHT).
- The AHCA is located on the U of A Texarkana campus.
- The key programming feature of the AHCA is college-level immersion that shifts the educational focus from college and career-readiness to actual college-level degree attainment.
- The AHCA is a public school within the TASD that is free of charge to students.
- Students must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a TASD student to enter the AHCA.
- Students must have an ACT 19 or higher, or the Accuplacer equivalent, in each subject matter tested for unconditional admittance.
- Slots are filled from applicants by a tier system beginning with Tier 1 and progressing to the next tier until all slots are filled.
- If there are more applicants in a tier than slots available, the following information will be considered: GPA, Attendance, & Discipline
- Students’ college placement scores and disciplinary records must be made available to the admissions committee.
- The aim of the AHCA is to transform students’ lives through learning opportunities directed toward self-fulfilling aspirations and life sustaining careers.
- Students must complete and submit the AHCA application and Accuplacer test by June 1.
How to Become Part of the Academy
What Students Can Expect
- A customized high school experience with the rigor of college.
- A transition to college in a flexible, supportive, and academically enriched environment.
- A chance to get a head start on a college degree while earning a high school diploma.
- An environment that helps students acclimate to college-level standards and engages full immersion into the collegiate environment.
- Students will be able to participate in some extracurricular activities at Arkansas High School while being a part of the Collegiate Academy.
What to Expect After Completion of the Program
- High school diploma from Arkansas High School
- Associate degree from the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana
- Scholarship opportunities
- Accumulation of up to 60 college credits
- Increased maturity, independence, and success rate in college
Follow us on social media for the latest news, events, and pictures from the Collegiate Academy.