Career Pathways seeks to help low-income parents gain workplace skills leading to economic self-sufficiency and reduced reliance on public assistance. It seeks to provide employers in key industries in Arkansas with skilled workers. The initiative accomplishes these goals by improving the level of engagement among educators and employers to generate work opportunities for students and serve private sector workforce needs.
Purpose of UAHT Career Pathways:
- Remove barriers that would prevent parents from succeeding in college and becoming gainfully employed.
- Equip parents with the necessary resources to assist them in reaching their academic goals.
- Offer personalized options based on student need.
- Maintain an open door policy and remain student focused.
Services & Resources Available
- 25 Computers in lab
- 3 large capacity printers
- 2 study areas
- Classroom supplies
- Uniforms and shoes
- Testing fees
- Transportation/gas cards
- Tape recorders
- Reading pens
- CRC Testing
The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiative is a program that enables your local two-year college to offer qualifying parents, career training and college classes. But that’s not all – the Pathways program may also be able to help you overcome the barriers that have kept you from getting the training and education you need.
Career Pathways Staff
[show-team orderby=’last_word_name’ category=’career-pathways’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-rounded,img-hover-zoom,text-left,img-above,4-columns,badge-theme’ display=’name,photo,position,email,location,telephone’ img=’200,160′]