To provide consistent decisions for student applications concerning special circumstances, which may or may not affect the student’s eligibility for federal or state financial aid.
Examples of Special Circumstances are as follows:
- Unusual medical and dental expenses (expenses which exceed 7.5% of Adjusted Gross Income)
- Support of extended family
- Private elementary and secondary school costs; child care and dependent care cost
- Usual debts
- Income reduction or non-recurring income
- Divorce or death of parent
- Dependency Status
NOTE: Documentation must be provided in all cases to be reviewed by the counselor.
All cases will be reviewed by a financial aid counselor.