A Degree On Your Schedule
Earn Your Associate’s Degree 100% Online
Only $112 Per Credit Hour for Traditional Students
$50 Per Credit Hour for High School Students
The Associate of Arts in General Education is the most versatile transfer degree and is now offered 100% online. This degree is designed for students to develop a course of study to meet the program requirements at a four-year institution. The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) guarantees the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in the application of credits for admissions and degree requirements.
Online AA General Education Course Offerings:
Key: I = Fall, II = Spring, III = Summer
ARTS2003 Art Appreciation (I, II, III)
BIOL1203 Biology Lecture (I, II, III)
BIOL1201 Biology Lab (I, II, III)
BIOL2213 Human Anatomy & Physiology I Lecture (I)
BIOL2211 Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab (I)
BIOL2223 Human Anatomy & Physiology II Lecture (II)
BIOL2223 Human Anatomy & Physiology II Lab (II)
BIOL2203 Nutrition (I, II, III)
CHEM1113 Chemistry I Lecture (II)
CHEM1111 Chemistry I Lab (II)
CISS1013 Introduction to Computers (I, II, III)
ECON2203 Microeconomics (II)
ECON2003 Macroeconomics (I)
EDGE1003 College Life Skills (I, II)
ENGL1013 Composition I (I, II, III)
ENGL1023 Composition II (I, II, III)
ENGL2023 World Literature I (I, II, III)
ENGL2123 World Literature II (I, II, III)
ENGL2253 Technical Writing (II)
HIST1023 Arkansas History (I, II, III)
HIST1113 World Civilizations I (I, II, III)
HIST1123 World Civilizations II (I, II, III)
HIST2013 US History I (I, II, III)
HIST2023 US History II (I, II, III)
MATH1053 College Algebra (I, II, III)
MATH2103 Elementary Statistics (I, II)
MUSI2103 Music Appreciation (I, II, III)
PHED1213 Personal and Community Health (I, II, III)
PHIL2003 Philosophy (I, II, III)
PHSC1204 Introduction to Astronomy (I, II, III)
PLSC2103 American Government (I, II, III)
PLSC2303 Texas Government (I, II)
PSYC2303 General Psychology (I, II, III)
PSYC2313 Developmental Psychology (I, II, III)
PSYC2323 Abnormal Psychology (I)
SOCI2003 Social Problems (II, III)
SOCI2413 Sociology (I, II, III)
SOCI2503 Marriage & Family (I, III)
SPCH1313 Speech (I, II, III)
Are You Ready for Online Courses?
Being a successful online learner takes time and dedication! Sure, an online course will allow you more freedom to choose when and where you complete your assignments, but you’ll also need to manage your time well to keep up with your coursework. Online courses often require more of a time commitment than traditional face-to-face courses. In other words, online courses are more convenient; however, they are not necessarily easier. Read below for areas you should consider before enrolling in an online course:
- Are you comfortable with computers and with using technology?
- Do you have regular access to a computer with Internet?
- Are you comfortable with installing and opening applications on your computer?
- Can you create, save, and work with files easily?
- Does your computer meet the proper requirements? (Please contact UAHT for specific requirements.)
- Are you familiar with using an Internet browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Do you use the Internet regularly for accessing email, news, social media, etc.?
- Do you have an email address? If so, can you send and receive messages as well as send (and open) attachments?
Online Learner Qualities
- Are you self-motivated and able to compete tasks on time without direct supervision?
- Are you able to communicate well grammatically through writing?
- Are you a critical thinker (i.e., enjoys researching information and communicating ideas)
- Do you work well with others?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, online learning may be for you! If you answered no to any of the questions, you may want to give some additional thought before enrolling in your first online course. Being an online student at UAHT requires participating in online activities 5 to 7 days a week as well as keeping up with coursework and completing assignments on time.
For more information or to enroll, call 870-722-8124.