The UAHT Certified Nursing Assistant Program provides courses of instruction and experiences that will prepare individuals to be a qualified member of a health care team. This program is taught following the Arkansas Long Term Care Facility Nursing Assistant Training Curriculum. Each student will be in class for 90 clock hours and clinical for 24 clock hours.
The goal of the UAHT Certified Nursing Assistant Program is to provide entry level training of knowledge and skill consistent with a Certified Nursing Assistant in Arkansas. Every student must complete and pass the State of Arkansas CNA certification test and receive the state certification in order to obtain a job in a long term care facility. The UAHT certificate of proficiency is used to grant students permission to register for the CNA certificate examination. The Certificate of Proficiency will be issued following the student making application for CN A certification examination.
A student, who receives a final grade of less than 70% in any CNA course during the program, exceeds the attendance policy or who withdraws from a course cannot progress and will be suspended from the program.
- Student must be 18 years of age or older before completion of CNAP 1001, CNAP 1004, and CNAP 1101.
- Complete UAHT college admissions application form
- Copy of high school transcript or GED
- Transcripts from other post-secondary school
- Copy of immunization record against measles and rubella if born after January 1, 1957.
- Complete a UAHT CNA program application: CNA Application
- Submit placement scoresAcceptance is based on the following tier acceptance:Tier 1: Students who have successfully completed ENGL 1013 Composition I.
Tier 2: Students who have a score of 19 Reading on ACT (or equivalent placement scores) or have taken the
required developmental course to be Comp I ready.
Tier 3: Students who score 18 or lower Reading on ACT (or equivalent placement scores) may be accepted with
the following: 1. Letter of Recommendation. 2. Seats available after admission of Tier 1 and 2 students.
- Proof of TB skin test after accepted into the program
|Course Requirements||Credit Hours|
|CNAP||1001||Nursing Assistant I|
|CNAP||1004||Nursing Assistant II|
|CNAP||1101||Nursing Assistant III|
|MEDL||1021||Heartsaver CPR/First Aid (or)|
|MEDL||1001||HCP CPR/First Aid|
Students with criminal convictions, misdemeanors, crimes listed in Long-Term Care Employment Clearance Registry, recently engaged in drug-related behavior, or in the last two years been in chemical or alcohol dependency program must contact the Program Director prior to application to the program. Due to clinical placement requirements, the student criminal record may be reason for rejection or withdrawal of admission.
*CPR is not required for certification but is required for the Certificate of Proficiency.